A family vacation in Israel
another dimension to the sought-after fun, relaxation, and quality time together
A family vacation in Israel is an opportunity to add another dimension to the sought-after fun, relaxation, and quality time together. With the right itinerary and guide, your visit can be a uniquely stimulating, even foundational experience, one that inspires parents and children to discover and strengthen their shared tradition, values, and hopes for the future.
Israel is a modern country in an ancient land. You can see the site of the Holy Temple and tour the ruins of ancient synagogues; you can taste your way through Jerusalem’s shuk and stroll around Tel Aviv’s trendy port (even in the same day). You can snorkel in Eilat and float in the Dead Sea, or take a Jeep ride in the Negev—and everywhere, marvel at how each site and activity has a place in, and is part of, the modern Jewish state.
In place of the usual vacation, let us help you craft a journey for your family, the memories of which you’ll carry with you for a long time to come.
Here are some ideas that our families have loved:
History, Heritage & Biblical Sites
- Ascend to Har Habayit, the Temple Mount, and the holiest spot in the world for Jews.
- Tour the Old City of Jerusalem, including of the Kotel Tunnels, and the Jewish Quarter and its exciting sites.
- View the Tower of David Light and Sound show, which presents the history of the Jewish people over 3,000 years.
- Visit the ancient fortress of Masada, the last stronghold of the Jewish Zealots in their great revolt against Rome.
- Participate in an archaeological dig at Beit Guvrin.
- Tour the Israel Museum’s archaeological exhibits.
- Tour Adullam, the caves where David hid from a jealous king Saul.
- Discover ancient Shiloh, the site of the Tabernacle.
NATURE, HIKES & TRIPS
- Float in the Dead Sea, the lowest place on earth
- Visit Ein-Gedi, a special oasis in the middle of the desert
- Take a night hike in the desert
- Geological tour: visit Israel’s unique craters
- Tour Tel-Aviv, the White City that never sleeps
- Tour Acco, an ancient port and the city of knights
- Visit Jerusalem’s biblical zoo
- Observe the holy land from various lookouts
- Hike in “Israel’s National Trail” recommended by National Geographic as one of the “20 best treks in the world”
Special Meetings and volunteering programs
- Volunteer to pick vegetables for Israel’s hungry through Leket Israel, or to pack food for the needy at the Pantry Packers
- Play with the children at Shalva, the Israel Association for the Care and Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities
- Bring food packages to IDF soldiers
- Meet Israeli soldiers, sport figures and Entrepreneurship leaders.
- Host a DJ dance party
- Go scuba-diving and swimming with dolphins in Eilat
- Take a jeep tour of the Golan Heights
- Take a ride in a cable car at Rosh Hanikra, Israel’s northwestern tip and a stunning nature overlook
- Do a chocolate-making workshop at a kibbutz in the Jerusalem hills
- Taste award winning wines and visit Boutique wineries
- Take a sunset ride in the desert
- Take a helicopter ride over Jerusalem
- Fly in a hot air balloon over the center of Israel